So, I had the intent during our recent project to film the entire effort, and then provide a time lapse video of the entire process. Â The good news is that I collected a lot of footage, on the order of 100 GB of 720p video using my recently acquired camera. Â The bad news is that the content is rather boring (even at high speed), and I did not take into account a number of basic issues. Â Most notably is my clothing. Â Although I can gloss over any self-confidence or body-image issues (I am not a model), I definitely need to be aware of my clothing choices – I picked a t-shirt which was old for the project so I didn’t care about dirt or paint, but it also ended up being a bit small resulting in quite a bit of belly and more being revealed.
In addition, the wife is much less confident, and is unwilling to be filmed. Â Although I did end up filming her quite a bit, with respect to her wishes, I would have to edit out a significant portion of the content. Â That would take out much of Saturday evening, and a good portion of Sunday and Monday, making most of the transition very rough.
Finally, I simply lost focus. Â I had the camera set up to film from the same position, which is good for an overall view of the project, but a lot of the detail was in cabinets or out of view. Â This results in a lot of the footage just being of me reaching into a hidden location. Â I need to be aware of this, and as needed, reposition the camera to focus on the task at hand. Â That would make the work far more relevant, and focused, as well as meaningful.
I still have the raw footage, maybe I will cut it into a smaller effort on specific pieces that make it relevant, but more than likely I will just keep it for my own curiosity.